photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 30 September 2009

A Gentle Read

Today I decided that after all this spotty material I have been sharing, I should also share a little of my reading material with you. I love reading almost as much as I love creating, so what would be the ideal? Reading a book about creating, of course!

I was lent this fabulous book, "The Gentle Art of Domesticity" (written by Jane Brocket) by my Auntie Judith and what I loved most about this book when I picked it up from her coffee table, was the little note she had slotted in on a recipe page with a little shopping list. To me this is the best review a book can have. It suggests that the book has been read, pondered and then something has has been made from it- for a few moments, it was an inspiration to somebody.



I took my new found treasure home and flicked through all the gorgeous glossy photographs and lost myself in the literature. This is an easy read that simply appreciates the beauty you can find so close to home and is often lost in the hustle and bustle of day to day life. If you ever have a chance to read this- do it!

Hope you've had a inspiring day and find a little time, to appreciate the little beauties.

Toodlepip! xx

3 comments:

  1. Will have to check this out! :) I love little projects but never have a lot of inspiration or ideas. Could use some of those, haha. Thanks Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched your video "Finishing with Sprinkle of Glitter" and I just wanted to let you know that you have inspired me so much! In truth, I hadn't been a subscriber of your YouTube channel until today. I'd occasionally check in though when you made more grown-up lifey type videos because I thought you were super down to earth and funny. I'm really excited to see what your channel is going to look like now :) I've been wanting to start a blog for some time now and you have given me the courage to do that especially now that I've taken a look at your first few blog posts and realized it's not actually that scary. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg