photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Thursday 15 October 2009

Je t'aime

Egged on by my new fridge (get it- eggs, fridge, eggs in fridge..tehe), I knew more was needed on the magnet front. I'm a huuuggee fan of fridges, this is my secret shame that I don't openly tell people. It's a bit weird you see, "Hi, How's it going? Yeeaahh yeeaahh fine, I love my fridge, work is going well, weathers a bit dull" etc etc, it attracts funny looks and the like. Anyway, I love my fridge not just because it is a treasure chest of yummy foods, but because it is an open invitation to stick whatever you feel to it and know that it is changeable. In our old flat, our fridge front "evolved" with the passing months and gradually became a real work of art with everything you can imagine on it. I'm looking forward to watching the evolution of my new big girl fridge too.


So with that in mind, I located my cream card, cutting board, crafty knife, glue and black glitter (mmmmm black glitter) and set to work. I doodled the word "Love" the card in girly writing - there really is a noticeable difference between girls' and boys' handwriting isn't there? - and thickened it out a little. I very carefully cut it out, smothered it in lashings of glue and sprinkled the glitter on.


Now, Matthew the fiance look away now, I couldn't find the little strips of magnets I KNOW I have somewhere and my impatience got the better of me, so I did something very naughty and ...sssshhhhh dont tell....glued my Love Plaque to the fridge door. Never do this. Partners will get cross!
After the shock of my glue crime, I looked upon it and thought "yes, I love my Love". As it happens, Issobelle loved the Love as well and created another beauty for the kitchen.



Despite being brilliant, I perhaps wont actually glue this to anything! Aww.

Toodlepip! xx

4 comments:

  1. It looks good on the fridge so I don't mind that it's glued down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Matt haha you guys are amazing. Louise I love the idea! We always have to bring back something or the other as a magnet to put on our fridge from wherever we go and 'organizing the magnets' is a specific job we have to do when guests are coming over haha. Oh and by the way, I know I'm posting in 2013, but I was looking through your old posts and they're just great!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Louise! I might be reading this in 2013 but this post made my day =) Especially the quote " "Hi, How's it going? Yeeaahh yeeaahh fine, I love my fridge, work is going well, weathers a bit dull" lol I just can't stop smiling.

    I like the idea, I think its time for me to decorate my fridge a little. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most incredible article I've read in a really long time. I hope you update this blog often because I’m anxious to read more about. hp backpack price , blanket in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg