photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Saturday 29 October 2011

Graffiti Baby


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Bit of a crafty post for you today (and a few titbits of news too later on) because when the nights draw in and everything becomes more cosy, like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn to my sewing machine, glitter glue and other crafty projects. For the most part, they end up half finished and shoved under the stairs, but the ones that graduate to finishing stages, get aired on Sprinkle of Glitter, in a bid to provide a bit of inspiration and interest to you lovely lot.


A few weeks ago, whilst I was having a funny turn in Topshop, I picked up THESE Graffiti Pens for £6.50. Now, I'm not trying to do Topshop out of a service here but I do actually think £6.50 is a little steep and since I'm having a small love affair with ebay at the moment, I found some cheaper HERE. (By the by, would you like a post about my new love for ebay? Let me know because I'd love to write about it but don't want to bore you! Haha)


So, with my new crafty toy, I got to thinking "What do I want to customise?". I love customising things but truely had nothing of my own I wanted to take ink to. Also, I was a little worried that with my lack of artistic flare, I would really ruin an item of clothing and then regret it forever!

I needed something small, inexpensive and that would only require basic skills. A baby vest!! Baby vests can be bought cheaply from supermarkets, baby stores, anywhere- and I have an abundance of them. I figured this was a low risk project and relaxed.


I opted for technicolour dots because the nibs of the felt tips were a little rough and dragged on the vest's thick cotton. I think this would make it a bit tricky to do anything really detailed or sophisticated, which is a shame.

I'm ever so sorry for this craptastic picture, it was pretty last at night and lit by the fairy lights on my bed, but this was the effect me and my felt friends created:


No, it's not a masterpiece, but it was fun to do and with little baby jeans and a bright cardi, I think that will look pretty cute.

I'd quite like to jazz up some bibs and burb cloths too. I think I might get these babies out closer to Christmas and draw a few little trees, robbins or gifts on tea towels to cheer the kitchen up a bit. They might be nice to personalise little presents for people too. Ooohh lots of ideas now!

All in all, it was a super simple, easy, fast, fun project, but I think I would rather have paid the ebay prices than £6.50 for these, as it was a bit tricky to get any detail or do much more than simple designs.

Craft-tastic!!

Are you a craft projects kind of a gal? Are you into customising?

Toodlepip!

xx

PS- A few bits and pieces-

I'm currently having a bit of a thing for ebay- do you want to know more?

Mine and Zoe's Secret Venture is getting closer and closer to unveiling...eeeeee I'm excited!!

I bought skinny jeans! Yes, me!! Skinny Jeans!! I've made a video which I'll upload soon with you all!!

My Glitterbits package to Marie is almost packed and ready to go, I can't wait to see that either! Woop!

Ok, you're up to speed. Toodlelou! xx

23 comments:

  1. Awww it looks really lovely, I remember using those type of pens with my mum when I was younger to draw on my little t-shirts.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh so glad you've done a craft post! I noticed that you used to do them quite a lot but not seen one for a while! I love crafts too! My 'current' craft is knitting!! I've made a few pairs of booties for some women at work who have recently had babies! I've got some pics on my blog, you should have a peek-they're adorable!! Happy crafting! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i saw these in topshop the other day! i used to do things like this, i even had a teddy bear that you used in the bath, and you could graphitti all over it, and then put it in the washing machine and it was clean again, it was my favourite teddy! id love to see a post about ebay too please! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! interesting!
    I would love to see a post about ebay and your purchases!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww that looks sooo cute i love it!! <3


    www.mrajbx3.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so cool! Such a good idea, I would be the same as you though, too scared to ruin anything. Can't wait to see what other things you customise :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to hear about ebay because I love it toooooooo! And I think the baby vest was a success! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love craft things! I'm actually looking into making my own soaps, sugar scrubs and bath bombs and it seems quite easy!

    This blog definately makes me want a little baby. I actually pointed out a cute little rabbit hat in primark today and looked at my boyfriend. Who was definately horrified.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog! Feel free to check out mine: http://benedicte-marie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ebay Louise! I wish I was crafty like you :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister brought me these for Christmas last year, they are fantastic! I design my own t-shirts and baby grows/vests so these came in handy for me! Love the blog post! Share your love for ebay, I want to know now! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be crafty, not any more :/ It looks great :) I always look at those pens.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is such a good idea xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea, definitely going to think about giving my pile of plain baby clothes a little bit of colour once baby gets here (and I know if baby's a boy or girl - lol) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to think i'm craft, i'm always starting these kinds of projects but my overall skills aren't very good and i just end up being up. I'd love to hear about your love for ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to hear about ebay! I really want to try it but it scares me!!
    Also really excited to hear and your and Zoe's venture xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post I love what you did and loving your ideas on wat to do next with the pens xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaaw thats a great idea !

    http://www.detbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative! It turned out well.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You’ll probably find that you need to change your baby’s
    outfit several times in a day: if she possets spits back some of her
    milk, dribbles excessively or has a leaky nappy, she’ll need a fresh
    set of clothes, and it’s always a good idea to keep some stretchsuits
    exclusively for nightwear so you both get into the routine of ‘changing
    for bed’.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what do girls think of guys wearing skinny jeans?
    skinny jeans for girls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg