photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Sunday 23 October 2011

Snuggle Time

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

If, like me, you love Autumn, being cosy, handmade things and shabby chic girliness, then today's blog post is for you!!

Whilst I was pregnant with Baby Glitter, my Auntie Judith and I chose some beautifully pretty fabric. We bought it because Judith is a dab hand at sewing quilts and I was thrilled when she offered to make one for Baby Glitter's cot.


Due to a few lifey issues getting in the way, the quilt didn't quite make it in time for Baby Glitter's birth, but who needs a huge cosy quilt spring-summer? Not I. :)

With the chill of winter fast approaching, I was pleased as punch when Judith presented me and Baby Glitter with this gooorrgeous patchwork quilt. It is brushed cotton on top and fleecy on the underside. Blissful.


I hope Baby Glitter keeps this forever and it brings her great comfort in all the cold moments of her life.


Next up, a gifted item. My chum Marie from America, sent me these lovelies. They're baby leg warmers and are apparently all the rage in the States. I have never seen them over here in the UK, all similar things seem to have a gusset. Now, there's nothing wrong with a gusset, but when you are a baby and have regular nappy changes, a gusset can be pretty annoying. On Autumn days, when it's that inbetweeny weather and too warm for thick tights, but too cool for bare legs, these are PERFECT! If you like layering your baby, these are your pals. They're also really good for little knees learning to crawl on carpets/blankets/beds (yes, she is determined to chuck herself over the edge!).

I haven't found any in shops round these parts, but there are some really good ones on THIS ebay shop, for only £2.95 and FREE P&P. I think that's a snip and would make a lovely little stocking filler or baby shower gift too. I may stock up!


Do you remember my chum Yin Yin who made me a cerise cushion two years ago (if you are a super sprinklerino and have been reading that long!)? Well, she came up trumps once again and crafted this beautiful woollen blanket. It's the perfect size for Baby Glitter's pram and even more ideal for laying on the lounge floor and encouraging her rolling/crawling skills. Also, the slight OCDness in me is pleased that it matches the baby leg warmers. Haha lame.


Yin Yin must have spent so much time on this. Can you see the heart detail? I heart her very much indeed for creating this. I think there is something so special about handmade gifts.


This cable knit cardi was a gift from Matt's Aunt Patricia. It is uber soft and I love the peach petal shade. To be honest, if I saw this in my size, I'd be tempted! Cardigans are the perfect little add on to Baby Glitter's outfits and I always have a clean spare in her nappy bag, just in case.


And here is the little munchkin, in her Mini Mouse PJ's, ready for her morning bottle.

What are your Autumn snugglies? Are you a layering lady?

Toodlepip!

xx

23 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! just...adorable!!!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls both have a blanket each with brushed cotton floral on one side and pink minky dot on the other with their names embroidered on, we love snuggling up all together in them.

    Uggs are another family favourite.... is it bad we all have the chestnut uggs? lol

    http://peachfizzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn snugglies! I bought a fleecy onesie yesterday and some wooly socks! That patchwork quilt is lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger I used to have this white blanket with my name on it and date of birth and stuff like that. I don't know why they chose white for a child but I loved that blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh so cute, I love snuggles too, that patchwork blanket looks really warm and cosy. Baby Glitter is adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Glitters blanket is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwww baby glitters so cute xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love those blanket so good for winter love it so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish some had made me a blanket like that when i was little! Its so cute and pretty.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had a quilt like Baby Glitter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is one very special Baby Glitter with that guilt, it's obvious so much love went into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaaah she is just sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quilt is absolutely beautiful! I think those kind of personal momentos are very special - better than any you'd pick up in mothercare or something :P
    I've been reading your blogposts & videos recently and I find you to be hilarious :) Keep blogging & I'll keep reading :):) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the quilt; I'd love to have something like that :) Baby Glitter is too cute Louise!:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That quilt is bloomin' lovely! Im sure she will treasure that forever. I know i would :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. can i just say... baby glitter is the cutest baby in the world! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That patchwork quilt is super cute! Your auntie should create more and sell them, she'd earn a fortune, cos lets be honest, who in their right mind wouldn't love one of those?!

    Whilst I'm here, I'm having an Autumn beauty giveaway on my blog right now that ends on Halloween, it'll be fab if you'd come over and check it out if you get a spare minute :-)

    http://aworldfullofprettiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh she keeps getting cuter Louise!

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That quilt is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww this is bringing memories of my nana knitting me hats & baby gloves for me when i was a wee baby/girl, surprisingly i've still got my tiny pink cardigan that she knitted me :)

    Baby Glitter is going to look all cute & cosy in her hat :)

    xxx

    http://chloeh1192.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. god she is just so beautiful! :') xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg