photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Tuesday 3 July 2012

LOTD || Blog Post #2

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Tuesday's LOTD is 'Blog Post'. This means you are to share a blog post that you have read and enjoyed/felt inspired by/learnt from/all that good stuff. You can choose one of your own or someone elses, from any time, on any subject. This is an opportunity to share the love.

Tuesday will always be : Blog Post.


I pondered over this one for a while. Should I go back and share one of my old blog post favs or should I pick something up to date and relevant? I wanted to go for a post that I remember reading and feeling really inspired by but then I thought, 'Hmmm I'm not sure if this is what everyone will enjoy'. It didn't take me too long to decide to go with my instinct. Sometimes I suppose I will say or post things that aren't everyone's cup of tea, and sometimes I don't fit in with the up to date trends and whatnot, but isn't that the beauty of blogland? Blogs are like pick'n'mixes of sweets and you can load up on which ever ones suit your taste. Don't like chocolate covered brazil nuts? No problemo, help yourself to the jelly beans! 

Anyhoo, the blog post I'd like to share today was written some time ago by a Portuguese blogger called Concha and is all about Charity Shops. Reading this post makes me want to forage around for hidden treasures and quaint books. I think I love it more because it is written by someone who is not native to the UK. I absolutely love looking at British life through Concha's eyes and more often than not she makes me appreciate my surroundings a lot more. Her blog makes me want to visit the Lake District or pick the flowers from my very English (my way of saying wild and unruley) garden.

If you would like to join in, simply copy and paste the image above (please link this blog with it), find your favourite blog post and share it with the world. Feel free to let us know in the comments if you have done this and we can all mooch about together!

Have you ever found anything amazing in a charity shop?
Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Confessions of a Secret Shopper. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top! 

17 comments:

  1. Just read that blog post and its made me want to go and rummage through all the charity shops in my town. It's also inspired me to look at the book section more oftenly as usually I just walk past but I love books! My post for this lotd is here. I'd appreciate if anyone read it :) http://thestateofdreaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/love-of-day-blog-post-2.html
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went charity shop thrifting just the other day and found this adorable book about Sherlock's defense methods (sarcasm at its best) and a really sweet little full skirt for just £3.50. Admittedly it's a little short and bright, but it'll look amazing with a black vest and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a charity shop shopper. I have picked up odd bits from them: a little chinese style trinket pot and a picture that hangs in my hallway but I never usually think about going in them. Maybe I should :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love charity shops. Sometimes it's a bit hit and miss, but I've picked up some great bargains. After seeing Concha's post it's inspired me to go shopping again! This is what I chose for my LOTD today: http://jthecatlover.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/lotd-blog-post-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just written a post on my blog about my Love of the Day blog post!
    http://porcelaineleanor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/love-of-day-blog-post-1.html

    My best charity shop find was a brand new urban outfitters belt that still had the tag on and was about £5 from oxfam, but the cool thing was that the belt looked really vintagy (I think I'm making up words)
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASEEE follow my blog it would mean the world to me http://pinkyelowgreen.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love finding bargains in my local charity shops. :)
    Jess x

    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got to love a good rummage!! My LOTD blog post would have be to one of Zoe's about her panic attacks, I am a sufferer and was researching it and thats how I found the lovely Zoe and then your fine self!! After Reading your blogs and watching your videos (that I sometimes end up laughing so much i'm crying!! ) I was inspired to have my own 'wee bit of the internet'!!!
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Near where I live theres a large barn full of clothes at bargain prices. It's always satisifying to have a good rummage on the rails and come out with some gems! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always buy my vinyls from Charity Shops, they're a steal that way and it's so therapeutic to sit and go through big boxes of them to find treasures.

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. In honour of your Love posts, Louise, i nominated you for a blog award! :) I'm spreading the love! http://legs11eleven.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    K xo
    legs11eleven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I chose my best friend's blog because she just inspires me every day
    http://thumbelina0x.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-blog-2.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Louise. It just occurred to me whilst reading this post that you'd probably really enjoy the following two blogs. I adore both! krisgal.blogspot.co.uk (Succession of Busy Nothings) and scottgossip.blogspot.co.uk (The Salad Days). They are both blogs written by mothers of young girls who are living in England (near Oxford) but are originally from the US. They both take beautiful photos and really make you appreciate England, and I think the way they bring up their daughters is inspirational.

    Anyhoo, that's my two cents, but check them out and see what you think.

    _ Tesni
    tesnireads.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good choice love it
    If your interested this is my choice xx
    http://loveyourlumps.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-blog-post-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will have to have a look for this one!
    In my LOTD today I chose a blogger who has taught me so much about web design... and baking!
    http://georgiabeee.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-blog-post-2.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I havent been in a charity shop for so long! I just dont get the time these days, but I must make more of an effort :)

    http://loveububba.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-blog-post-2-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg